Get an auto insurance policy that fits your unique story. (Available in select states. Talk to your independent agent for details.)
- Choose your level:
- Standard - All the must-have basics so you feel secure when you hit the road. You can even add Roadside Assistance.
- Protection Plus - More options to customize. More coverage - more peace of mind.
- Premier - When you need the best. Better coverages with even higher limits.
- Choose your enhancements:
- Get extras like Full Safety Glass Coverage, Roadside Assistance, Accident and Minor Violation Forgiveness benefits and much more in Protection Plus and Premier.
- Enhanced AutoXtended®Coverages Endorsement is automatically included in Protection Plus and Premier. Must-have coverage for your cell phone, pet, keys and more.
- Bundle your policies and save money with our Multi-Policy discount (for homeowners, condo owners, renters and umbrella policies).
- And if you get an auto policy with the State Auto Safety 360sm telematics program - You may become a safer driver and earn a premium discount of up to 50%!
- See the list of additional discounts you could get on your auto insurance.
- Coverages may vary by state and offering.
Tips for talking with your agent
- Let them know if you already have other insurance with us
- Have the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and year of your cars ready
- Have information for all the drivers in your household
- Know how much you typically drive
- Have information on your current car and home policies available
After an auto accident
Knowing what to do if you're involved in an accident can save lives and also make the claims …
Driving in bad weather
The best way to avoid a winter-weather accident is to stay off the road entirely, but we know …
Towing and labor coverage
If you're a State Auto customer, you may already have Towing and Labor coverage on your auto …
Glass repair alternatives
That “little chip” can grow from an eyesore into a visual impairment and safety hazard if not …
Avoiding car theft when you get a ride home
Out drinking for the evening? It’s always best to get a ride home instead of driving yourself …
How a new job impacts home and auto insurance
If your new job means some changes in your routine, it might require some changes to your home …
When you’re stuck on the side of the road
If you need to pull over on a busy road, pull off the road as far as you can, while remaining on …
Practice safe driving in school zones
Back to school season is a good time to review safety tips for parents, students and motorists.
Why are auto insurance premium costs …
Your driving behavior may not have changed, so what’s triggering the increases?
Five hidden ways flooding can damage your car
What do you do if your vehicle is damaged by a flood? You may be able to fix the cosmetic …
The impacts of drowsy driving on today's roads
We hear about drunk driving, drugged driving and distracted driving, but what about drowsy …
Learn more about our additional coverages