Our agents’ local knowledge and our extensive coverage options make everything about owning a car easier. (Except parking. Even we can’t help with parking.)
- Get insurance for both your car and your home with State Auto to simplify your policies and save money (for homeowners, condo owners and renters).
- Add AutoXtended and HomeXtended to increase protection for losses not commonly covered in typical policies.
- Get umbrella coverage to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Optional coverage for your newly purchased car.
- Pays for the cost to replace the car instead of actual cash value in the event of a total loss.
- Applies to the first four years of a car's life.
Tips for talking with your agent
- Let them know if you already have other insurance with us
- Have the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and year of your cars ready
- Have information for all the drivers in your household
- Know how much you typically drive
- Have information on your current car and home policies available
After an auto accident
Knowing what to do if you're involved in an accident can save lives and also make the claims …
Driving in bad weather
The best way to avoid a winter-weather accident is to stay off the road entirely, but we know …
Towing and labor coverage
If you're a State Auto customer, you may already have Towing and Labor coverage on your auto …
Glass repair alternatives
That “little chip” can grow from an eyesore into a visual impairment and safety hazard if not …
Avoiding car theft when you get a ride home
Out drinking for the evening? It’s always best to get a ride home instead of driving yourself …
How a new job impacts home and auto insurance
If your new job means some changes in your routine, it might require some changes to your home …
When you’re stuck on the side of the road
If you need to pull over on a busy road, pull off the road as far as you can, while remaining on …
Practice safe driving in school zones
Back to school season is a good time to review safety tips for parents, students and motorists.
Why are auto insurance rates increasing?
Your driving behavior may not have changed, so what’s triggering the increases?
Five hidden ways flooding can damage your car
What do you do if your vehicle is damaged by a flood? You may be able to fix the cosmetic …
The impacts of drowsy driving on today's roads