Hurricane Irma: customer resources and claim information
State Auto Claims and Risk Engineering (CARE) teams are responding to areas affected by Hurricane Irma.
To file a claim, call 877-SA-CLAIM (877-722-5246) or submit online at www.stateauto.com/claims. You can also start the process with us in a Twitter Direct Message to @StateAuto.
Your safety is our primary concern. Please take all precautions necessary as you prepare to return to your home or business. We urge you to follow local authorities' directives and, above all, be safe.
Here's what you need to know if you are affected by Hurricane Irma:
Safety and recovery resources for Hurricane Irma
Following are some resources to review post-Hurricane Irma. We're here to help you get back on your feet and recover after the storm.
After Hurricanes Harvey and Irma: Recovery Resources and Safety Guidelines
Portable Generators: Safety Guidelines
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services: Hurricane Irma
Restaurants and Grocers: Restaurants and Grocers Reopening After Hurricanes and Flooding
OSHA has resources to help employers keep their workers safe when hurricanes and floods strike and during cleanup and recovery resources
Department of Labor Hurricane Recovery Assistance
After the storm: Filing a claim
- Report the loss as soon as possible. Contact State Auto to report your claim as soon as you can; we'll make sure your agent is notified. Provide a general description of the damage; have your policy number handy if possible.
- Return claim forms. We'll send you the necessary claim forms. Fill out and return them as soon as possible. If you don't understand the process, ask questions. We encourage the use of texting, phone calls or email to expedite communication.
- Fast-track claim solutions may be available. We may be able to declare a total loss over the phone, without inspection.
- Temporary transportation options are available.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) should be contacted immediately by home or business owners without flood insurance; State Auto can help you expedite this process. Key contacts, emergency information and more are available here. They can also be reached at 800-621-3362 / TTY 800-462-7585.
- Prepare a list. Keep damaged items or portions of them until the claim adjuster has visited, and consider photographing/videotaping damage to document your claim. Prepare a list of damaged or lost items for your adjuster.